Friday, December 14, 2007

Cross stitch

I remember know why I really didn't like to do counted cross stitch, other than concentration due to having toddlers. If you make one mistake it can mess the whole thing if you don't catch it quick enough. I just spent two hours on a keyring piece for my youngest daughter and had to take a whole side out because the end of the top row was off by two spaces and threw the right side of the border off. It was very obvious. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

But I also am having to relearn how to keep the stitches going the same direction and plan the directions to work to keep it all going the same way, especially when working on a border.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Braun said...

MMm, one of my sisters says much the same thing about cross stitch - she finds following the chart a nightmare!! I find it quite nice to be told where to put the needle next after fighting with some over ambitious freestyle or stumpwork project!!!